Heaven's Grocery Store





As I was walking down life's highway many years ago,
I came upon a sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.
When I got a little closer the doors swung open wide,
Then when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels and they were standing everywhere,
One handed me a basket and said, "My child shop with care."
Everything a human needed was in that grocery store,
And what you could not carry, you could always come back for more.

First I got some Patience -- Love was in that same row,
Further down was Understanding -- you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom and Faith a bag or two,
And Charity, of course, I would need some of that too.

I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost -- He was all over the place,
And some Strength and Courage to help me run this race.
My basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed Grace!

And then I chose Salvation, for Salvation was for free,
I tried to get enough of that to do for you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought that I had everything to do the Master’s Will.

As I went up the aisle, I saw Prayer and put that in,
For I knew that when I stepped outside, I would run into sin.
Peace and Joy were plentiful -- the last things on the shelf,
Song and Praise were hanging near, so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the angel, "Now how much do I owe?"
He smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again I asked "Really now, how much do I owe?"
"My child" he said, "God paid your bill a long, long time ago!"

~Author Unknown







No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find out how much to save?

Simple Savings Calculator